Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Optional Exploration: You Tube and User Created Content
I enjoy watching all the wonderful You Tube videos...and find the "how to" ones very helpful (i.e. how to make paper airplanes, how to crochet, how to knit, how to tie scarves...all of help to patrons who are looking for such information and have access to a computer). I have trouble watching them while at the branch as they spend so much time buffering, it takes far too long to watch any of them. Mountain Road Branch created a You Tube video of its Project Runway and posted it; it was a great hit and all the girls who participated were tickled!
I have listened to many speeches, musical presentations, etc at home; it is wonderful to access this content. However, I don't understand how copyright laws are avoided.
I've never listened to, watrched or participated in a podcast...I can see how they could be very helpful in keeping up with what is going on. I looked at the list of libraries who have podcast feeds to update patrons on activities, programs, etc.; obviously there are many uses for podcasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment