Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Optional Exploration : Social Networking Sites

Teenagers love My Space and Facebook; they can share pictures and ideas and thoughts and keep in touch with their friends both near and far. These sites appeal to their interest in and use of computers and technology.
I set up a Facebook page in order to keep in touch with a relative in Iraq; it is an easy way for him to send pictures; however, we end up emailing as it seems more private and it is hard to keep checking both email and facebook. I check my email every day, and only check facebook once every two weeks or so! Perhaps it is because I am not a teenager and am not interested in collecting friends??!!
Library programs and events could be advertised on these sites; feedback in the way of comments could help programmers taylor programs more appropriately to audiences. Quick book reviews could be given and comments solicited.

No comments:

Post a Comment