Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Just read through the long list of blogs listed on BlogBib...this one is really neat, and is one that is maintained and current. I think I will follow it for a while!

Block, Marylaine. “Neat New Stuff on the Net - Weekly Reviews of New Sites:" http://marylaine.com/neatnew.html

I'm finished with Web 2.0 and have learned much. I'd already set up a Facebook and Twitter account; I still check on Facebook on occasion to catch up with family and friends and pictures they've posted; I almost never use Twitter but I am going to check in with the AACPL twittering people! I probably will never use Flickr (I don't even have a digital camera...just borrow my kids if I need ond!), and I think that Facebook is an easier way to share photos. I do check in with Google Reader and update it with more RSS feeds...but mostly I like to go just to the sites themselves! Don't use Library Thing...just keep in my head the authors I like, and I check Readers Advice when I am looking for an author read-a-like or for book/author suggestions for specific genres.
Because we have microsoft word on all of our computers, and patrons bring disks and thumb drives, I haven't had an occasion to recommendZoho. I use the AACPL wiki's but don't see myself setting up any! My favorite place, and the one I find most useful: Delicious! I can keep adding to a list of web addresses I need at my fingertips to recommend to patrons and to keep for myself...ones that I can get no matter where I am.

An obstacle I've found is having to keep track of all the log-ins and passwords as I couldn't keep using my favorite one! This was quite a learning experience. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment